Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year brings so much joy...and chaos

The first week of the new year has been anything but boring. Ben's family got together for a New Years Party in Pocatello. It's basically the Tolman Family Reunion. We had so much fun, playing games, eating food, and just goofing around. Adam even went swimming on the first day of the year.
Unfortunately just a few minutes after this cute photo was taken, I also went swimming...fully clothed. Adam isn't the greatest swimmer and didn't listen and jumped too far away from the ledge where he couldn't touch...Mommy to the rescue! Don't worry Adam was fine after a few minutes of calming him down, unfortunately Mommy was soaked to the bone, in her only pair of clothes, a water damaged (and unrecoverable) cell phone, and grumpy at the start to the new year. But better my phone than my baby. I guess my other blog superalli101.blogspot.com is becoming a bit of a reality. Hopefully I just don't have to do any more rescue missions like this one.
On a great note, my sister in law Jennifer had her baby on the 2nd in Provo! It is the first girl to come from Ben's family (immediate family anyway!)
Welcome to the world Alysse Evalyne Tolman 7lbs 1 oz 20 inches long! She is so beautiful and such a good baby, or she was while we were there anyway. I am so in love with this girl!
She slept through the two times we visited and made the sweetest little noises while she slept. I forget how little babies are, my boys are GIANTS compared to her. I don't think I was even holding her for a minute and Ben says, "NO! We are not having another one!" Of course he means right away, right? We may be a couple years away from planning another little one, but it sure is fun to snuggle with this little one! Congrats Josh and Jenny! What a great way to start the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment