Friday, January 28, 2011

A bountiful life...

About a year ago, I was introduced to a wonderful produce Co-op called Bountiful Baskets. If you haven't hear of this, that's so sad :( .
Through this co-op I order a basket of produce for $15 and pick it up at a local location, I usually go to my local high school.
I get 50% fruits, 50% vegetable, and it is usually a random group of produce, so you never know what you are going to get. This makes it fun and forces me to cook with things that I normally don't and my kids love trying all the new varieties of food. Here a couple pictures of baskets I have gotten in the past!
I get apples and bananas in almost every basket, but I have also gotten fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, oranges, peaches, plums, and pretty much any other kind of fruit you can think of.
The vegetables are always fun to get because the only constant one that I always get is lettuce. Everything else is pretty random and it's always exciting to see what will be in my basket when I pick it up!
If you want more information about how to get involved check out their website www.bountifulbaskets.org

I love doing this for my family, it is an inexpensive way to get us eating healthy, and support local produce! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment