Monday, December 10, 2012

Mmm Mmm Monday

I think I am going to start dedicating Mondays to recipe days!  And to kick it off, I'm going to start with our family tradition of Christmas punch! 




What you will need:
Sprite (I like to get a couple 20oz bottles because I think they keep the carbonation better than a 2L bottle does.)
Vanilla Ice Cream
Lime Sherbert
Pineapple Juice (We usually get a large can of pure pineapple juice.)

How to make it:
Scoop about 2 cups vanilla ice cream and lime sherbert into a large punch bowl. 
Pour about 20oz Sprite into bowl
Pour about 10oz pineapple juice in bowl.

Now mix together carefully.  You don't want large chunks of ice cream, so we use a metal potato masher to make the mixture a little more smooth.  
Here is where the taste testing comes in, some like the punch to have more of a pineapple kick to it, some like a little more carbonation, and some like more of a lime flavor.  You can add more of whatever you want to make it the consistency and taste that you like best.  We like to dish it out then top with an extra scoop of ice cream and sometimes a pineapple garnish if we happened to pick one up.  

I hope you try this with your family for Christmas this year, I know we will be making it!  Let me know how it turns out or if you make any adjustments!  Recipes are ever changing in my book and I would love to see what you do for Christmas punch ideas!  Merry Christmas and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment