Saturday, December 10, 2011

Crafty, well I try...

So you see the sign that we are holding in the picture up there?

Ya, I totally made that. (Not that I am one to brag or anything!)

So since I decided to be crafty for our family pictures, I thought I would share how it was done!

What you need:

Wooden Letter blocks (Mine were black but plain wood would work). One for each letter in the saying you want.
Scrapbook paper of your choosing
Glue (to attach paper to letters)
assorted buttons, or any other decorations to go on the letters
Ribbon of color choice (make sure it is wire enforced for strength)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Razor blade cutter for cutting paper.

Directions: (Wishing now I would have taken pics of the step by step)

Trace with the letter blocks, the pattern onto scrapbook paper.
Cut it out.
Glue onto wooden letters.
Once dry, attach decorations with hot glue (buttons, pearls, and bows in my case)

Once all decorations are attached, place letters on ribbon to check spacing. Leave about 3-4 inches or ribbon on each end to make loops for hanging.

Once you have figured out your spacing (I left a space between words for a bow)
use the hot glue gun to attach the letters to the ribbon, making sure to only glue the top half so the letters hang below the ribbon.

For the loops at the end of the ribbon, take the extra length, fold in half, and glue shut with glue gun. Once letters and loops are dry, you are ready to hang (or hold!).
Finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment