Friday, June 24, 2011

Quarter of a century!

Well yesterday marked the day, the day that I turned a quarter of a century old. It wasn't as monumental as I had hoped it would be. It was actually kind of a crappy day. Ben had to work late, the boys were grumpy all day, which in turn so was I.
We did have plans to go to Redfish Lake camping for about 5 days and we were going to leave tomorrow and come back on Wednesday. I have always wanted to take the kids there since I spent so much time over the years as a kid there. Well on a fluke I decided to check my schooling stuff and make sure it was all in order to start classes on July 5th. Good thing I checked because my classes actually start June 27th. Totally stomping all over our plans for camping :(

But to every raincloud there is a silver lining, even if I have to look REALLY hard for it! Ben has some family coming into town from Georgia and we will be having a big family BBQ at his cousins house on Sunday. It will be really nice to see everyone, it's been a really long time!

This summer has been an adventure to say the least, and with the milestone of hitting 25 over and done with, on to the next adventure. School, then Seattle to visit some good friends, then the cabin in Alpine for 5 days with Ben's brother's families and his Mom and her husband Mitch. Gonna be a fun summer. Hopefully nothing else gets canceled!

No comments:

Post a Comment