Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tag..I'm it. Are you next?

So a couple weeks ago I was tagged in a post by one of my favorite bloggers, Meaganover at Two Little Love Birds.  Ya, me, myself, I can't believe it either!  It has taken me a few weeks to get to it because I'm cramming for some major exams right now.  

If any of you have ever taken the Praxis II exams for becoming a teacher, you know what I'm talking about. Let's just say my house is not lookin' too pretty right now since my nose is stuck in books most of the day.  Ya, let's just leave it at that.

So the name of the tagging game is...

Well I guess I don't know if there is a name, but I'm it.  Here are the rules:

The Rules...
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

12 fun filled facts about ME:

1. I find it EXTREMELY  awkward when people cry in front of me.  No matter what it is about and why they are crying (with or without a legit reason), I feel super uncomfortable.  I never know what to say and just want to get out of there ASAP most of the time. EEK!

2. I met my husband when I was barely 14!  He was my first kiss ever!  I love that I am married to the man that was part of such a huge milestone in my life.  That was the first of many milestones we made together!  

  
3. I think my hubby is the only person that knows this next one about me, so brace yourself!  If I had the confidence, the body, and the opportunity (all at once), I would totally pose for Playboy!  haha.  Well I say that, but if all those things ever came along at the same time, who knows if I would actually do it.  Probably not now that I have kids :)  That would be awkward when my boys are teenagers...oops!

4. I am super competitive...and a sore loser.  I mean really sore.  But I have really tried the past couple years to tone it down, and put on a good face for if I lose at something.  But all the while inside I am feeling like...

5. After having kids, my equilibrium is WAY off.  I get motion sickness very easily now.  Car sick if I am sitting in the backseat (sometimes in the front too).  And really sick when taking off and landing in an airplane.  You ever wonder if people actually use the little sick baggies at each seat?  Ya, this girl does.  Gross I know!

6. I want to learn fluent Italian, French, Spanish, and Dutch.  I have taken classes in High School for French and Italian and loved it, but I can hardly remember anything.  Spanish is such a common language around the word, it would be nice to know what people are saying :).  And my family is Dutch, my paternal grandparents are first generation immigrants and speak fluent Dutch, as well as my Dad, I think he can understand it more than he can speak it now.  Once I learn them all, I want to travel to each place to "practice" my skills.  Off on a jet plane, sick baggie and all! 
 7. I get pretty bad test anxiety.  So much so that I can hyperventilate, get sick, and overall just freak out.  So over the years I have become accustomed to a little test prep pump up song...


I listen to this song a few times before taking an exam and I am ready to go!  Enjoy the video!

8. If I won the lottery and could do anything I wanted to do, I would go to culinary school.  I love to cook and I find it really relaxing.  I wanted to be a chef growing up, but having kids so young and being settled, it's just not a possibility since there are no good culinary schools close to home.  Maybe one day :)

9. I am such a ball baby when it comes to movies!  I cry over sad and happy things all the time.  My best friend still to this day makes fun of me for crying in Mighty Joe Young when it came out years and years ago.  You know that part when Joe, the giant gorilla falls off the Ferris Wheel at the end and they think he's dead...ya imagine me sobbing so much that I had to leave the room!  I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that now. 
 10. I have a hard time thinking of all babies as cute.  There are some pretty ugly babies out there!  What do you do when somebody you know has an ugly baby?  You know they are looking for you to say how cute, beautiful, handsome, or adorable they are right!  I can't do it.  If they have an ugly baby, of course I won't tell them that, that's just mean.  I will just say something about a feature on them.  Like commenting on their hair, little toes, how small they are... things like that.  But of course my babies were the most beautiful ever :)

11. I have always wanted to chop my hair off so short that it's like a boy cut...but I'm a chicken.  I've heard it is so hard to grow out once you cut it so short because it just looks awkward at certain stages, so you cut it again to stay short.  This is what I would do if I every got up the nerve to do it...

  12. My ideal night alone would be snuggling up by a fire with a good book and a glass of wine.  Something is so relaxing about those three things.  Love it!

Meagan's questions for me:

 
1. What is your guilty pleasure food?
Sour Punch Straws or Bites.  If they are even in my vicinity, I will find them. I will eat them.

2. If you could choose a song to represent who you are, what would it be?
Haha, See number 7 above!  

3. What is your favorite book, movie, or TV show? You choose.
My favorite book is probably The Lovely Bones, Movie: Pride and Prejudice, TV show: Grey's Anatomy.

4. What do you want to be when you grow up? :)
Alive :)  A teacher, great mother and wife, friend. 

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I think Australia would be a fun place to visit.  I could speak English, and it's not someplace that a lot of people immediately think of to visit. 

6. What is your favorite hobby?
I love to sew and do crafts, but finding time to do it is another story.

7. Dress up or jeans?
I love to get dressed up, but there is nothing like a good pair of jeans and some flip flops to feel truly relaxed. 

8. What would you do if you won the lottery? Besides jump up and down screaming, of course.
See #8 above.  We would pay off our house, our parents homes, and probably open a restaurant of my own.  

9. Favorite Quote?
I don't have a favorite quote, I think if you are going to quote someone for inspiration, let it be yourself! 

10. Most embarrassing moment?
Going down a large water slide with a friend in high school, only to have her untie my bathing suit top as we were going down.  I had no idea until after coming out the slide at the bottom, arms raised and screaming, only to find a shocked lifeguard at the bottom!  hehe  

11. Biggest Pet Peeve? 
I hate being late. I hate when other people are late.  Even one minute and I start to get frustrated.  And I feel so embarrassed if I am ever late.  

12. What are 3 things you love about yourself?
I love my laugh. I love my hair.  I love my family. 

I tagged...
Chylie @ The Hagmans
Kellie @ Oh Henrys
Courtney @ jake & court

My questions for you...

1. If you could do anything with the guarantee of never getting caught, what would you do?
2. Do you have any piercings and/or tattoos? Where?
3. When was your first kiss?  How old and with whom?
4. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
5. What do you think are the worst boy and girl names ever?
6. If you could make a list of 5 celebrities you could sleep with, who would be on it?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. Morning person or night owl?
9. What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
10.  If there was no danger to you, what is the one extreme sport you would try without thinking twice about it? (ie: skydiving)
11. If you could look like any celebrity, who would it be?
12. What is your favorite type of flower, bush, or tree?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no... this is going to take me weeks to do! I am also very busy with school, but I will do it!

    p.s. chop your hair off, it's so fun :) but I am not looking forward to the growing out stages.

    ReplyDelete