Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Girls Night In

Ahhh I am so excited! I have always wanted to be a part of a local book club, and believe me I have searched but to no avail. So I just decided the other day that if I couldn't find one, I would create one!

So I did!

I just posted on Facebook what I was thinking of starting, a sort of "Girls Night In" Book club. And I got so many responses! We have already picked our first book and will meet in the middle of November! The book is Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mom by Amy Chua.



We will be holding the first meeting at my house and will rotate every month to a new location! I really can't even contain my excitement, but of course there are some arterial motives.

1. With Ben being gone so much lately with the job change, I really need some down time, some adult time!

2. It will be so nice to get to know some of the women in the group on a higher level, I know all of them, but some more than others.

3. I'm really looking forward to reading books that I normally would not have chosen on my own, so many women brings in different opinions and the conversation should be amazing!

Ahhhh! So exciting! After our first meeting I will update how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment