Sunday, August 15, 2010

SpLaShInG aRoUnD...

With basically only one more week left of summer I have been packing as much "summertime" activities into it as possible. We have been spending the majority of our time outdoors. Whether it be just playing baseball, running through the sprinklers, bbq's, or going to the park, we will do it if it involves being outside! Our adventure today was the Splash Park in Rexburg. I had been hearing about how great it was all summer long, but I also had heard how busy it is and sometimes it gets a little crazy. Of course this is what happens when something is FREE! So I thought that the best time for us to go would be on a Sunday so we could avoid the crowds. My plan was perfect, yes I will say it again, PERFECT! We showed up to the park around 11:00am, laid our towels out and had a picnic. There were only two other kids there. Wyatt is not very big on sprinklers/fountains so it was nice that he wasn't being crowded by other kids and could take his time getting used to his surroundings. Adam had a blast immediately. Here are a few of our favorite pictures from our fun day of splashing around!
Wyatt and I watched Adam run around while we ate our lunch, it took him about 20 minutes to get up the courage to even get his little toes wet. He is so stinkin' cute!
I love this picture of Adam, only I wish he were running the other way. He had so much fun just running all over the place.
These little fountains were Wyatt's favorite part. He could just sit there and splash as much as he wanted and he wouldn't end up totally soaked.
Adam blocking two fountains to make the others go higher, his little legs could barely reach but he was determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment