Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Adventures in baseball...

One of my favorite things about summer is baseball. I love watching it no matter the age, and it's even better when I get to watch my kids play. This year Adam was old enough to go to a team that played coach pitch instead of T-ball. Which was great for him because last year at t-ball he was really annoyed and would rather just be pitched to.

Here is a picture of my little pro player hitting the ball. If you look just to the right of his coach in the red/blue you can see the ball at his elbow!?!
Adam was the best hitter on his team and would often hit it into the outfield over the other teams head! I was so proud of him and he is so excited to play next year, I think we are going to do some pitching machine then though.

Wyatt on the other hand was NOT a huge fan of baseball this year. We put him on a t-ball team with a bunch of kids that he knows, coached by a good friend of mine, that Wyatt also knows, and I was hoping that would help him want to play more. It didn't. Out of the 6 weeks that they played, he only played in an entire game once. Before then he would do practice, but once the game started he would refuse to go out and would lay on a blanket and cry if I made him go.

Here he is all gung-ho and ready to go just before his first game started. I was so proud of him! Isn't he just adorable? I think so, not that I'm biased or anything :)




And this is how he ended up for most of the rest of his games. Hiding under a blanket laying on my lap. Occasionally he would let me go on the field with him and he would stand and "play", but it would usually last no longer than 5 minutes, and those 5 minutes consisted of me struggling with him just to stay in the first place. Poor kid just didn't want to play. Maybe it was the age, maybe he is just shy, or maybe he just doesn't like sports? Who knows, but it sure was cute to watch both the boys this year, it kept our summer evenings pretty busy that's for sure! Hope you all had a good summer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment