Monday, July 12, 2010

ReLaY LiKe A rOcK sTaR!!!


This past Friday Idaho Falls held their annual fund raising event for the American Cancer Society. The Relay For Life. For the past 2 years I have been a part of the local EIRMC/Cancer Resource Center team and have enjoyed every minute of it. This year was the best ever! As a whole, we raised over $100,000 dollars to go towards cancer research. The actual relay event is an all nighter basically. It started at 6pm Friday night and ended 7am the next morning. It's full of fun events, vendors, raffles and an awesome DJ. All funds earned that night also go towards research. Here are a few fun photos from the night!

This is a photo of the luminaria bags. They are to remember those lives that have been lost to cancer. Each bag had a name of a loved one and they lined the track with candles to light them. A lap around the track was taken in complete darkness with just the bags to light the way. It is a seriously moving experience. And yes, I usually do the entire lap in tears. It is just amazing to see the magnitude of such a horrible disease.


These are just a few of the people that stayed the entire night, camping out!

Yeah, that's me with Elvis. I know you are jealous of this one!
I cannot wait for next year to come around to do this all over again. Being a part of this event every year brings me back to a more humble place I think. In a way it reminds me that there are people out there that have a harder life than I do and they are so strong the way they go through it. It reminds me to be thankful for everyday and for everyone that is in my life. Such a beautiful experience.

1 comment: