Sunday, June 13, 2010

My NeW PrOjEcT...FaMiLy CoOk BoOk!

About 10 (or more) years ago, my mom decided that she wanted to do a family cook book. The VanderMeer side anyway. So after months and months she was able to gather recipes from all of my family members and started to put the cook book together. Well, 6 years later, it still wasn't done. So the task was handed over to my Tante (Aunt) Helen. She has had the collection for the last 4 years and has managed to put about 1/2 of the recipes into a Microsoft word document. The other half still remains untouched. So this is where I come in. Since over the summer I am not in school, not working, just hanging out with the kids I decided that I needed a project. Family cook book here I come! My Tante is supposed to email me the recipes that have been typed up and the rest I will hopefully get soon, either by traveling through family members or through snail mail. I found a free template online that lets me make my own cook book, upload photos, and basically do whatever I want. This way it will look professional and not sloppy. Once it is done then it should take about 2 weeks to order and TADAH! I am hoping to have this done by Christmas so everybody can have a copy. I just don't want this to go past the end of August. That is when I go back to school and I am pretty sure I won't have any time to do anything after that except to maybe put some finishing touches on it. I am really excited about getting the opportunity to do this because I know everybody really wants this to get done. So updates will come as I get closer. I already have chosen my template and have made the cover, chapters, and chosen layout options. It is a really easy set up (so far). All I need to do now is enter the recipes and any pictures I want. I think I am going to cook a few of the recipes that will be used and fancy them up a little bit so I can take some pictures for them. I guess we will see how it all goes! Wish me luck or if you have any really good recipes let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment