Saturday, December 10, 2011

How about a recipe?

So I know I don't post recipes on here very often, maybe I should because I have some to die for recipes. I thought I would share today some cupcakes that I made over the summer. Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes! They are a little bit of work, but totally worth it. I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs that I follow Inside Blue Crew Life. She always has some yummy treat to share with her followers, and even if my thighs may not like the attention, my taste buds sure do! You should check it out! But as a teaser, here is the incredible recipe!



Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

strawberry cake mix
1/4 c. sour cream

Mix up the cake mix according to the box. Add the sour cream in with the oil. Bake at 350* for 22 minutes, or until the tops spring back. Cool on a wire rack. Use a melon scooper and scoop out a small hole for the cheesecake filling. Fill. Frost with fresh strawberry butter cream frosting. Keep refrigerated.

Cheesecake Filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 carton (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream and mix well. In a small bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix on low for 2 minutes. Stir it into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in the whipped topping.

***You will have extra filling left after filling the cupcake holes. So you can either make 1/2 a batch, or refrigerate it and I have another recipe for you to use up the leftover cheesecake filling:-)

Strawberry Butter Cream
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. strawberry preserves, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 c. finely chopped strawberries (I used a pampered chef food chopper)
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Beat shortening and butter until creamy. Add the salt, water, vanilla & strawberry extract, and chopped strawberries and cream again. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Put the strawberry preserves in a microwave bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and add to the frosting. Beat the frosting for a minute. Add another 1-2 tbsp. water, beating after each one. You want the frosting to be creamy, but stiff enough to frost cupcakes.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did! The filling is so good I had to tell myself not to just eat it straight from the piping bag (not that that really stopped me!) Happy Eating!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my recipe here!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed them...I ate some of the filling straight from the container too:-)

    ReplyDelete